Monday 5 November 2012


Shaykh Yusuf Motala And The Scorpion

Hadhrat Shaykh Yusuf Motala, may Allah protect him, writes:
In Madinah during the evenings, Hadhrat [Shaykh al-Hadith Maulana Muhammmad Zakariyya, may Allah have mercy on him] would rest in Masjid-e-Noor and in the daytime Hadhrat would be present in Madrassah Shar’iyyah. Once I had spread my my bedding on the ground near Hadhrat’s bed, outside in the open near the Masjid-e-Noor visitors area. A scorpion bit me. When my eyes opened, the scorpion was still clinging to my finger. I shook my hand, throwing it a far distance. There was a lot pain and inflammation.
I held my hand so as not to disturb Hadhrat’s sleep. When Hadhrat woke up to read his tahajjud salaah, I informed him about the incident. Hadhrat performed his wudhu and returned. he recited something and spread his blessed saliva on the spot where the scorpion had bitten me. Immediately, the pain was relieved and there were no after-effects felt.
Hadhrat Shaykhul-Hadith (Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya rahmatullahi alaihi) & I, Jamea Publication No.27, Page 20

No comments:

Post a Comment