Thursday 1 November 2012


To Feel Superior


Hadhrat Maulana Shah Abrarul Haq Hardoi Sahib نوراللہ مرقدہ said,
“When a doctor gives a Prince an injection, he doesn’t consider himself superior to the Prince. In the same way the one speaking about Deen should not consider himself superior to the listeners. Regarding the expert of a field as perfect [Akmal] is permissible, but to regard as superior isHaram. Because the criteria of virtue/superiority is based on acceptance by Allah Ta’ala [Qubuliyat inda'Allah], which can not be found out about in the Dunya.
The dignity of every believer should be in the heart. It’s not permissible for any ‘Alim or Shaykh-e-Kamil even to consider a sinful Muslim despising. If a small child urinates on the father, the clothes of the father would be considered impure but there won’t be any decrease in the dignity of the father. Hadhrat Thanvi نوراللہ مرقدہ used to say, ‘Whenever I take care of someone['s affairs], I consider him superior to myself.’
Similarly, I consider my mother & sisters and you people superior to myself too, but am [at the same time] telling the commands of Allah Ta’ala.

No comments:

Post a Comment